April 28, 2012
Posh Spice designs a Range Rover
I Just love it...Girl Power to the max. Victoria 'Posh Spice' Beckham sang little ditties in the nineties and now she is designing for one of the most reputable car companies in the world. Is there nothing mildly talented people cannot do these days? I am sure this gives hope to millions of tweens in their bedrooms signing into their hairbrushes. Popular culture seems to render anything accessible. When I first read the caption that Mrs Bekham had designed for Range Rover I wondered how she'd transgressed from fashion designer to mechanical engineer. How speedy university degrees are in this modern world! I considered her career path: ordinary girl - pop star - footballers wife - mummy - Tom Cruise's buddy - fashion designer - mummy again - car designer. Is there nothing this gal can't do? What talent! She specified rose gold tints on the grille and mohair rugs for the tootsies of the lucky 200 drivers who will be seen speeding about China and Dubai in this limited edition Evoque. Range Rover is charging close to double for the VB designed vehicle. What marketing geniuses thought this one up? A gentler pallet and more nuanced touches for the discerning driver...that's definitely worth another $60K. Ah the comfort that detail can bring to the discerning consumer. An investment in taste no doubt. This highlights that nothing is out of reach if one's trajectory is as sky high as VBs. Good on her I say. She said she has designed a car that she would like to drive. If only we all could, it would be like being a child again. Personally, I'd prefer it if Jensen Button designed one or maybe James Bond, but hey, that's just me. If anyone is ever feeling despondent about their career, just tell them VB's designed a car and that nothing, but nothing is out of their reach if they are prepared to go for it! In the wise words of the once great Spice Girls...'Hai See Ya, hold tight!'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment