March 20, 2011

Slow Life - a topic I shall revisit often

Slow life is what is on the menu du jour...it is a common affliction to live a few steps forward, always thinking about what it is we 'have' to do. Be it the laundry or the dishes, paying a bill or returning a call; albeit mundane unimportant chores that could be put off till later, but once completed, bring us a sense of achievement and calm. Today I put off achievements in favour of living in the moment, enjoying the new expressions on my daughters face and dancing to Florence and the Machine in my living room. I would now like the DJ to slow the beat down to the tune in my mind...and the base is slow and deep and I can move more peacefully and lazily. I am even typing slower and it is freeing...

No comments:

Post a Comment