October 20, 2011

Even Beyonce...

Today at the local shopping centre, which is brimming with mothers wandering aimlessly through the miles of aisles in no-doubt sleep deprived hazes, I had an interesting encounter with a mother in the check out. She left her rollups on my section of the conveyor belt. Or more precisely, the rollups did a back flip into my section of the conveyor belt (how an inanimate object can do this only Woolworths will know) and when I noticed and notified the check-out chick and the customer before me, she started to explain that she was having 'one of those days'. I said to the customer gal...'We all have them', to which she replied 'really? that makes me feel so much better'. I paused for a moment, looked up at her stressed and confounded lovely face resting atop of a size 26 frame that needed a big hug and said...'even Beyonce has bad days'. She giggled. I think it made her feel less alone in her crap-day-haze. It got me wondering...does everyone think that when a bad day is happening to them that no-one else ever has days when they don't fell they've got it together? Maybe its part and parcel of the whole crap-day-experience. Do we think that people mostly experience joyous good days? Even if it is oft noted by journalists who interview disturbingly successful and highly effective people who proclaim their unbound energy. I refuse to believe there are people who bounce out of bed after 5 hours sleep and immediately pronounce (in muted musical song) Hooray! Good morning world! I am ready to take you on!!! We all have crap days, and only freaks sing in the mornings. A crap day just means a good day is on its way. Cheers to the good ones and to embracing that the crap ones happen to Beyonce too.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Yes, I think Crap Days have the power to pull the cone of solitary confinement over us, which is crap really, because yes, we all have them...and I love what you said about how it means a good day will be not too far off. Such an awesome thing to remember! XX

    ReplyDelete