October 16, 2011
Finally...
It appears I started writing this blog over 18 months ago...goes to show how long it can take for something to get off the ground! Seriously, 18 months...WTF? I don't know about anyone else out there but that is just ridiculous! Then again, maybe its just a reflection of a reticent blogger/full-time mother trying to convince herself that if she just gets the housework done then everything will magically and miraculously fall into place. I thought I had no time before I had a child...now I am wiser. When I have another child I will look back at my one-child-only-self and tell her to make a cup of tea, sit down, and either relax or write like mad, beaucase when the next rugrat emerges from this vessel I'm sure I'll be overjoyed to even go to the loo in peaceful solitude! A toast to all of the mothers out there who finally get something done for themselves...even if it does take 18 months!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"full-time mother trying to convince herself that if she just gets the housework done then everything will magically and miraculously fall into place". I resemble that comment!
ReplyDeleteThe loo! Yes! "Mum, are you having some privacy?" (not any more)
A toast to us, we who are in the same boat, of raising some awesome little people with all we have to offer them, and remembering how blessed we are, as we strive to achieve some balance in our lives to only be better for ourselves, and then of course them.
Love you sista/cuz/hero woman.
Georgia XX