November 1, 2011

Mental Miele and the Domestic Goddess

As I dive into the trusty Miele clothes dryer after days and days of rain I relish the joy of using this eco-nasty devise again. It makes life as Director General of my household one million times easier. As Director General, Chief of Procurement and Head of Internal Operations, I would be encouraging any and all of my employees (nil at this point) to use whatever devises made their work more efficient. Why do I feel guilt when using the clothes dryer? Because dryers create an obscene and exorbitant amount of carbon evil nasty non-renewable energy type things and they are SO not cool these days. My conscience suffers but my mind is eased by the fact that I CAN STAY ON TOP OF THE WASHING at least on a rainy day...when I use my trusty clothes dryer. You put it in. You pull it out. Fold it. Put it away. Done. The last few lines sounded a bit like lyrics to a country music song. I digress. When I was growing up our dear Swiss friends who lived around the corner always used their trusty Miele clothes dryer, even on the hottest of days. They always had the fluffiest towels and most softly laundered swiss cotton sheets. Maybe I have subconsciously yearned for Euro style laundering since my young days and this is my adult manifestation. I now officially let go of the guilt I have when I use my trusty clothes dryer and wholeheartedly embrace the ease and efficiency the good people at the ancient house of Miele intended when they created such a labour saving device. THANK YOU geniuses who make this particularly dreary and repetitive part of my day so much easier. My hat goes off to the peeps without these devices and I praise the Lord, Buddha, Jehova God and Jesus for the fact that I am fortunate enough to own one.

One load done, four to go, way to go mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment